PADI Discover Scuba
Discover Scuba is simply "Trying" Scuba in a pool. We'll show you a short video, have you fill out the registration form, get you into the pool to try scuba diving, and teach you a few basic skills. Discover Scuba is a good way to experience scuba before committing to an entire certification course. It can also be a fun activity to enjoy with family or friends. We are able to do Discover Scuba Sessions for groups (Birthday parties, Bachelor parties, Boy Scout groups, Adventure groups, Church groups, School classes....) Some people Discover Scuba to see if they like it - Some do it just for the experience of doing it. Kids from 8 to 80+ can Discover Scuba if they are comfortable in the water and in good health.
PADI Open Water Course
This is the class to take if you want to be a certified scuba diver! To be a Scuba Diver you begin by doing some book learning. Next you get together with the instructor to review the material, get fitted for equipment, and learn how to assemble and disassemble the gear. Then there are the pool dives where you learn your basic scuba skills like neutral buoyancy, mask clearing, out of air procedures, and much more. Finally there is a series of 4 Open Water Dives that you do with your instructor. During the Open Water Dives you practice the skills you learned in water that might have waves, currents, limited visibility, or cooler temperatures than what you experienced in the controlled conditions of the pool. These dives can be done here in Wisconsin during the warmer months of the year. During the winter lots of people do the class and pool dives here in Wisconsin and then do their Open Water Dives on their tropical vacations. We teach through PADI (Professional Association or Diving Instructors) which is international and the largest scuba training agency in the world. PADI Instructors can be found anywhere there is good diving.
- The pool we use during the winter months for most of our classes is a very warm 85 degrees. We do provide wet suits for additional warmth and comfort.
- We supply the necessary equipment for class. If you don't have equipment we actually prefer that you wait until after you've been in the pool before buying gear. Try different things and see what you like. i.e. it's really hard to pick out fins you like without swimming with them first. Students receive a discount on gear while in class.
- If you are comfortable in the water, chances are you will be able to complete the class and be ready for open water. Occasionally, students have a skill or two they struggle with. Students can come back for additional pool time with another class until they and the instructor feel they are ready for open water. If you don't give up, we won't give up on you.
- Diving is a fun, exciting activity but you are going into an environment where you can't breath without special equipment. To be a good diver takes a commitment of time to study and practice. Like driving a car or skiing, many people are not real comfortable with it or good at it right away. It takes practice.
- Many of the people we have teaching our classes have been diving since the 1970's and 1980's. They are patient, experienced divers.
- We like to keep our class sizes small.
- eLearning is a study option PADI offers to people with busy schedules. With eLearning you do the book work online rather than reading a book and going to class with an instructor. Since many of our classes are run on two consecutive Sundays this could be a good option for someone like a Pastor who needs to work every Sunday morning. We would still need to schedule one session with the instructor before the pool dives to fit gear, learn how to assemble/disassemble the equipment, do the Quick Review Quiz, and fill out registration papers so you are up to speed with the rest of the group.
PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER
Advanced Open Water is a weekend of fun and learning. We do five dives over the course of one weekend. Advanced Open Water is a prerequisite for the Rescue Course and some of PADI's more exciting Speciality Courses like Wreck Diving and Ice Diving. It is also a requirement for Divemaster and Master Diver Certifications.
PADI ENRICHED AIR NITROX
PADI RESCUE DIVER COURSE
PADI REACTIVATE SCUBA REFRESHER COURSE
If you have a difficult schedule - Complete the PADI E-Learning on line (instead of doing classroom sessions) and then do your Pool Dives with us and you'll be ready to do your Open Water Dives in Wisconsin or on your next tropical vacation.